Almond Flour Bechamel (Vegan)
Bechamel Sauce Recipe Made With Almond Flour
This Bechamel sauce recipe is an absolutely delightful way to enjoy a healthy, vegan friendly, and tasteful addition to any pasta dish. What makes this formula special is the fact that not only is it vegan friendly, its also loaded with plant based protein using Almond Pro Organic High Protein Almond Flour. Enjoy!
3 Tbsp Almond butter
2 Cups Almond milk
Pinch of Nutmeg
Salt & Pepper (to taste)
1. In a sauce pan over a low heat melt the almond butter.
2. Add the Flour and whisk into the butter until smooth.
3. Cook the almond flour and almond butter for 2 minutes, whisking constantly, until the mixture bubbles.
4. Gradually add the almond milk, stirring constantly to stop lumps forming.
5. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
6. Cook the sauce over a medium heat for about 7 minutes, stirring frequently, allow the sauce to come to the boil, then remove from the heat.
7. Use as required.