Almond Flour Tortillas (vegan)
Almond Flour Tortillas
These almond flour tortillas are a sure way to get the family on board for a healthy alternative to typical tortillas. What makes these tortillas so special is they are vegan friendly, and packed with almond protein. Follow the steps below and enjoy this healthy treat the entire family will enjoy!
2 1/2 Cups Almond Pro Organic High Protein Almond Flour
1/2 Tsp Salt
1 1/2 Cups Water
4 1/2 Tbsp Sunflower Oil
1. In a mixing bowl, mix the almond flour and salt together.
2. Run the mixer on low and add water little by little until it comes together in a dough.
3. Add 2 1/2 Tbsp Sunflower oil and work into the dough by punching and pulling. Cover the bowl and let it sit for 30 minutes.
4. Divide the dough equally into 25 balls. You can grease your hands to keep the dough from sticking to your hands. Flatten each ball slighty and keep it ready.
5. Heat a pan and make sure that it is moderately hot.
6. Place a ball on a floured board using a rolling pin, roll into a circle that is roughly 8 inch in diameter. Be sure not to roll it too thin.
7. Grease the pan. Place the rolled out tortilla and cook on medium setting. If you see that it’s puffing up and brown spots begin to appear, flip it to the other side and cook for 20-30 seconds.
8. Transfer to a plate and continue with the rest of the rolled out tortillas.