Almond Flour Pizza Crust
High Protein Almond Flour Pizza Crust
This Almond Flour Pizza Crust is low in carbs and an absolutely delicious alternative to typical pizza dough. It’s also extremely high in protein and contains significantly less fat due to the 65% fat reduction found in Almond Pro Organic High Protein Almond Flour compared to traditional almond flour.
1 1/2 Tbsp Active dry yeast
2 Tbsp brown sugar
3/4 Cup Warm water
2 Tbsp Almond oil
1 1/2 Cider vinegar
2 Tsp Sea Salt
1. Preheat the oven to 500⁰F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl add the Yeast, Brown sugar and warm water and stir well. Allow the mixture to sit five minutes.
3. Whisk the almond oil, egg and cider vinegar into the yeast mixture.
4. In a separate bowl, stir together the Almond Pro Almond Flour and sea salt, pour this dry mixture into the mixing bowl with the wet mixture and mix for 30 seconds in high speed.
5. Cover bowl with a towel and put in a warm place. Allow the dough to sit for 60 minutes or until it has doubled in size and is full of air bubbles.
6. Pour the pizza dough mixture onto the parchment paper lined baking sheet. Dough will rise in the oven, so for crispy crust, be sure to spread dough thinly.
7. Put all the ingredients you want on top…
8. Bake for 8 -10 minutes, until firm and golden brown.
Once you remove the the dough from the baking sheet, be prepared to enjoy a tasty and healthy almond flour pizza crust.